Blog for the research project “Our Mythical Childhood… The Reception of Classical Antiquity in Children’s and Young Adults’ Culture in Response to Regional and Global Challenges”, led by Prof. Katarzyna Marciniak within the European Union’s Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme – ERC Consolidator Grant (681202) at the Centre for Studies on the Classical Tradition (OBTA) at the Faculty of “Artes Liberales” of the University of Warsaw, in an international collaboration. Team members: Prof. Susan Deacy and Steve K. Simons from the University of Roehampton; Prof. Elizabeth Hale and Dr Miriam Riverlea from the University of New England; Prof. Lisa Maurice and Dr Ayelet Peer from the Bar-Ilan University; Prof. Daniel A. Nkemleke, Prof. Divine Che Neba and Dr Eleanor A. Dasi from the University of Yaoundé I; Dr Elżbieta Olechowska, Dr Hanna Paulouskaya, Dr Sonya Nevin, Dott. Edoardo Pecchini, Marta Pszczolińska, Angelina Gerus, and Project Officers: Magdalena Andersen, Maria Makarewicz, and Olga Strycharczyk from the Faculty of “Artes Liberales” UW. For more information on collaborators at the current and earlier stages see the Project’s website.
On this blog we are posting the samples of our findings from our research on the reception of Classical Antiquity, incl. the contributions from the students who attend the Grant Seminar (each finding is marked with the name of the contributor).
- Website: http://www.omc.obta.al.uw.edu.pl/;
- Facebook: facebook.com/OurMythicalChildhood/;
- Twitter: twitter.com/OMChildhood;
- Instagram: instagram.com/omchildhood/;
- YouTube: youtube.com/channel/UC6zvu9EXsI0gK5rSvgnQseQ;
- Susan Deacy’s blog Mythology and Autism: http://myth-autism.blogspot.com/;
- Sonya Nevin & Steve K. Simons’ blog Panoply: http://panoplyclassicsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/;
- Elizabeth Hale’s blog Australian Odyssey: https://antipodeanodyssey.wordpress.com/.
The Our Mythical Childhood Blog is managed by Katarzyna Marciniak and Olga Strycharczyk. We wish to acknowledge the contribution of Dorota Rejter who co-managed the blog in 2017–2021.