“Santorini” is a strategic board game designed by Gord Hamilton, published for the first time in 2004. In 2016 Roxley Games decided to republish “Santorini” in a new form and run its campaign on Kickstarter. The game went to stores in January 2017 [read more].
The game is intented for 2-4 players (recommended age: 8+). The box contains: 3D play board (ocean board, island board, and the pedestal), different blocks (base, medium, and top), domes, figures of builders, and God Cards.
Before starting the game we draw a card with one God or Goddess – it will give us special abilities to use during the play. Each turn of the game consists of 2 moves: first we move our builder on the board (at the selected neighboring field), then we start constructing the building (in the field adjacent to our builder). The person whose pawn will first enter the third level of the building wins!
There is also an extension to the game, entitled “Santorini Golden Fleece”.
- Aaron Chatha, “Calgarian’s independent board game is already a record breaker”: http://www.metronews.ca/news/calgary/2017/01/24/calgarian-independent-board-game-record-breaker.html
- “Santorini” Review in “Forbes Magazine”: https://www.forbes.com/sites/andyrobertson/2017/09/18/santorini-game-beautifully-combines-strategy-world-building-and-super-powers/#2b65f62e3e5e
- “Santorini” on BoardGameGeek: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/194655/santorini
- “Santorini” on Roxley Game Laboratory’s Website: https://roxley.com/product/santorini-gencon/
- “Santorini” on Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roxley/santorini-learn-it-in-30-seconds-play-it-for-life?ref=video
- Roxley Games on Twitter: @roxleygames
Found by Dorota Bazylczyk