This week we want to present you another book created by Piotr Dobry & Łukasz Majewski, titled “Była sobie dziewczynka” [“There Was a Girl”]. The book was recently (March 2018) published in Poland by Wydawnictwo Tadam. The official age range of the publication is 8+.
This time, the authors decided to talk about the life of women all over the centuries. The book has 25 chapters devoted to the fate of women and girls from different ages, cultures and countries. In the book we can read (among other matters) about the life of women in Ancient Egypt, Greece, and Rome (chapters from 3-5).
The last, twenty-sixth chapter of “Była sobie dziewczynka” is titled “Ty” [“You”], and its aims is to show to the young readers, that now their future should lie in their hands.
Found by Dorota Bazylczyk
Elaborated by Dorota Bazylczyk
- About “Była sobie dziewczynka” on Strefa Psotnika – link
- About “Była sobie dziewczynka” on Zaczytana – link
- About “Była sobie dziewczynka” on Enter the Room – link
- About “Była sobie dziewczynka” on Magiczny Świat Książki – link
- A few sources about Women in Antiquity:
- Richard Hawley, Barbara Levick, “Women in Antiquity: New Assessments”, Routledge, 1995.
- Stephanie Lynn Budin, Jean Macintosh Turfa, “Women in Antiquity: Real Women across the Ancient World”, Routledge, 2016.
- Janet H. Tulloch, “A Cultural History of Women in Antiquity”, Bloomsbury Academic, 2016.