“Ancyklopek” (“The Little Ancyclops”) is a Polish three-book cycle (so far…) with the text by Piotr Dobry and the ilustrations by Łukasz Majewski, published in 2016 by TADAM:
- Ancyklopek – 1 – Świat okiem Ancyklopka (The World through the Eye of the Little Ancyclops)
- Ancyklopek – 2 – Wszystkie psoty Ancyklopka (All the Pranks of the Little Ancyclops)
- Ancyklopek – 3 – Ancyklopek na placu zabaw (The Little Ancyclops at a Playground)
All three parts feature the Little Ancyclops and they are ajdusted to the perception of a small child (for example, the first part is in black-and-white). The authors draw on the potential of the ancient myth: for example, the readers observe the Little Ancyclops in the sandpit and they learn that the Cyclops are very talented builders.
Indeed, to confirm, it is enough to have a look at the “Cyclopean Wall” at Mycenae;-) (phot. by Athinaios at English Wikipedia):
The books are funny and simple, however, they convey a serious message of tollerance and acceptance for other beings.
- https://www.komiks.gildia.pl/komiksy/ancyklopek/1 (also the source of the covers above)
- You can find more pictures and an interesting review (in Polish) on the blog by Dzika Jabłoń: https://dzikajablon.wordpress.com/2016/11/24/cynamon-ancyklopek/
Found by Katarzyna Marciniak
2 thoughts on “Growing Up with the Little Ancyclops”
I like this very much! Why is he called ‘ancyclops’?
This is a word-play with the Polish word “ancymon” – a mischievous kid;-).
LikeLiked by 1 person